Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

We're Gettin' Hitched!  

Posted by: Jenna






Josiah and I got engaged on April 11, 2009.  It was such a special weekend for us.  On Thursday his parents came in from North Dakota. Josiah hadn't seen them since October. It was so nice to meet them and spend quality time together.  On Saturday I went boutiquing with my mom and then we met Josiah and his mom at the mall.  It was such a fun day.  Then, that night the Hellekson's took Josiah and I to dinner for sushi (our favorite).  We spent hours talking and chatting.  On the way home, Josiah and I were reflecting on the time spent with his parents, just having a great talk...So, I thought he was just going to drop me off at my house because it was late, but we ended up chatting some more and finally he just got real quiet and said, "I can't stand you not being completely mine...will you please marry me?"  He then pulled out the most beautiful ring and I was just sitting there, in his car-- in shock!  Then we ran inside and I was screaming "We're engaged" to my sleeping parents.  But, of course they woke up and were ecstatic (apparently Josiah had asked my dad's permission a few weeks before).  It was the most incredible night/day and what made it even more special was celebrating our engagement on Easter.  We are so blessed to have found one another and it was so amazing being able to celebrate the resurrection of Christ AND our engagement with both families.  Even my 3 year-old nephew gave his approval.  He is excited about having another uncle and Josiah just adores both James and Cooper.  We cannot wait to get married!  Praise Jesus, God is so good!

This entry was posted on 12:16 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment