Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Good News!!  

Posted by: Jenna

The first piece of incredible news is that Josiah sold his house today!!!!!  We are so thrilled that we can get rid of the house and will not have to live there.  It is 100 years old and needs SOO much work...basically, if we lived there it would just suck up our money until we could sell it.  Praise the Lord for His faithfulness, what an answer to prayer!  We are so thankful that the Lord has taken this burden from us.  Now we can just be happy little apartment renters :)


On the complete unimportant end of the good news spectrum (but it's important to me!), we settled the ring issue.  I decided today that I would just get my sapphire set into a more practical setting from a more reliable jeweler who will give us a free lifetime warranty and can do any repairs in-house....which means they would never have my ring for more than 3 days :)  We are just going to sell the original setting at a pawn shop and pray we break even.  Another good thing is that the matching band will cost less than the other bands I picked out, so we saved money in that department.  

I met with the florist today, which was such a headache-- but I'm so glad to have it over.  I'm not really good at picking out flowers and decorations.  All I did was put down the deposit and give her some general ideas of what I wanted.  My mom is WAY more into flowers so she is going to work out all those details for me...yay!

More great news is that Nick and Kyndra will be doing our marriage counseling, which we are absolutely thrilled about-- they are so awesome!  Nick and Kyndra have been married for 5 years but are our age...so that is neat.  We hope to not only get mentors out of this, but also two new friends.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my fiance?  He is just incredible...he's been so patient with me throughout this ring crisis.  It's always a sticky situation when someone gives you a gift-- especially something as special as an engagement ring-- and something goes wrong with the gift.  Instead of getting his feelings hurt, Josiah has just been so great about everything.  He just wants me to be happy with it at all costs.  He never thinks of himself...I love that about him.  He is just a wonderful man-- period.  As my mom has said, "I couldn't have picked a better man for you if I had searched the entire planet for one!"  He really is that perfect for me...God is faithful and knows what we need.  He certainly knows what I need and showed me by bring Josiah into my life.  

We are so blessed and God is doing incredible things in both our lives lately...

This entry was posted on 7:59 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment