April 13, 2009
PostedToday I got my ring cleaned and also got a spacer for it as a temporary fix. Apparently, I don't wear a size 5 ring as I had thought! The jeweler sized my finger today and said I need a 4.5...talk about some tiny fingers-- why can't I have the same problems with my body? HAHA...anyways...I also went to Rebecca's Wedding Boutique and found my veil. I decided against an expensive wedding dress. Instead, I got a cheap Jessica McClintock dress that had been discontinued (aka discounted!) and took it to a local tailor to add some detailing, lace, etc. Because my dress is not going to be very much money, I can splurge a little with the accessories.
This weekend, Josiah and I are going to look for his wedding band. I already got an idea of what I want when I was at the jeweler today, but I want to make sure he approves. So we are going to buy both his and my bands when we go.
For those of you who don't know, we are doing a destination wedding in Mackinaw Island, Michigan on July 31, 2009. Instead of having a big wedding, we decided to just have only our parents and siblings at the actual ceremony. On September 4, 2009, my parents will be hosting a wedding reception for all of our friends and family in Louisville. Josiah's parents are still trying to decide if they want to have a separate reception for us in North Dakota. So, as soon as we have those details...we will relay them to you guys.
We had such a sweet conversation tonight with Josiah's parents about how the Lord's fingerprints are all over Josiah and my relationship. It's just so incredible how we met and ended up together. Josiah and I were talking today about how blessed we are to have such Godly families and how amazing it is to see Him at work in our lives through our relationship. God is so good.
Praise Him by whom all blessings flow!
This entry was posted
on 11:39 PM
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.

oh fun!!! Dress and any other kind of wedding related shopping was pretty much my favorite!! :) Especially HONEYMOON SHOPPING!!!....are y'all going to go anywhere??
p.s. what's your registry password?!