Tough Day
PostedToday one of the diamonds fell out of my BRAND NEW ENGAGEMENT RING! I was just completely devastated and heart broken. The day after I picked it up from the jeweler who sized it and told me all the diamonds were secure-- one falls out! OF COURSE! After a few tears and lots of consoling from my parents and Josiah, I am still a little upset about it. We are trying to decide if we are going to return the ring and get a more simple design, or just get the missing diamond replaced and hope it doesn't happen again. Another option would be to have a local jeweler make a replica of the ring in my actual size. This way, the ring would be made to fit my finger-- instead of putting so much stress on the stones from sizing it from a 7 to 4.5.
We also bought our wedding bands today, but are now rethinking those as well. Josiah thinks his was too expensive so he wants to get Tungsten instead of the white gold. My bands matched my engagement ring perfectly, but if we are not going to keep the original ring...then that means we will need a different wedding band(s). UGH...this ring thing is stressful. I just want to enjoy it, but I keep having to give it to a jeweler for one reason or another!
Tomorrow I have an appointment with the florist, then I have to stop by the jewelers to exchange Josiah's ring and refund mine!
All the other wedding plans are coming along perfectly and smoothly. We had dinner with Brandon and Emily tonight and Brandon has agreed to perform the ceremony. We are so thankful for this-- it was an answer to prayer because we were worried he would have a church event that would prevent him from coming. Also exciting is the fact that they are bringing the kids-- James, Cooper, and Lilly Claire! It will be such a fun trip that we'll never forget :)
Next on the list is to figure out who is doing our premarital counseling. We have asked Nick and Kyndra Moore because Nick leads the Bible study Josiah and my dad attend. Nick is also the pastor of Highview's Spencer County Campus. Josiah really respects Nick and I absolutely adore his wife, so we think they would be great mentors for us! But, they are extremely busy with church obligations, three small children, and one baby on the way...so we shall see if they can squeeze us in!
Hopefully, we will get this ring hoopla figured out over the weekend and I'll have good news to add to my next post!
This entry was posted
on 11:30 PM
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
