Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wedding Dress Woes  

Posted by: Jenna

So, when I first started looking for a dress I went to a really nice boutique here in Louisville called Rebecca's Wedding Boutique.  I found several dresses that I liked but they were all over 1,000 dollars, which just wasn't reasonable to me since I'm having such a small wedding.  So, I decided on a discontinued Jessica McClintock dress that was really cheap...like 360 bucks and thought I would get some fun details added by a local tailor.  So, I shopped around for tailors and found one that I had heard good things about.  I talked with the tailor and gave him a discription of what I wanted and he seemed like it would be no problem.  Well, I went in a week ago for my first fitting and he had barely even touched the dress.  He had shortened the length and added a little lace around the hem but it was exactly how I told him NOT to do it...Also, the side seams were bunching up but he swore he did not touch the side seams.  Needless to say I was very disappointed and now am not sure what to do.  Most wedding dresses take months to get back from the retailer and I only have 3 months...probably less by the time I see the finished product of my current dress and decide if I can live with it or not...I know if worse comes to worse and I hate my dress a month before the wedding I'm sure I can buy something off the rack...but I guess this just isn't how I envisioned the whole wedding dress process.  I'm nervous, worried, and stressed over it and my tailor has not been communicating very well with me.  He told me it would be ready a week ago but when I got there and asked why it wasn't finished he said, "Oh, I thought you knew this was just the preliminary fitting..."  WHAT?!  Are you kidding me?  Plus, it was NOT what we had discussed at all!  Did I mention he wants to charge me several hundred dollars for these alterations?!  UGHHHH!


Maybe I am just overreacting.  I keep telling myself that I shouldn't worry over something that I really have no control over for the moment....but I feel like I need a back-up.  I'm going to make a trip to Lexington on Wednesday and check out Bella Rose.  They have a different selection than the boutique here in Louisville and I'm interested to see if I could find something I'd want to buy off the rack.

Anyways, that's enough ranting and raving for now...just needing to vent my frustrations about the whole dress situation.  Anyone have any input/words of encouragement/ideas/etc??  Please feel free to share!

This entry was posted on 10:51 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

My first suggestion would be if you aren't happy with your tailor, just pick up the dress, ask how much you owe for what he's done thus far and find someone who REALLY wants to give you the dress you've dreamed of...don't settle for his "i'm busy" nonsense! You're a paying customer, just like everyone else.

ok, enough of that soapbox....I know that dresses get expensive, but I would recommend if you don't like the finished product, don't be afraid to splurge a little on the dress....i mean that IS what the wedding is all about, right?? haha. But seriously, you want to feel beautiful and though you will be gorgeous, I'm sure, the dress adds to that and will make YOU feel pretty and perfect for your big day.

If you ever want to vent, just call---i could go for DAYS on how the florist screwed up my flowers....still makes me angry to this day! hahaha, so I understand!

Oh and there is always such thing as "RUSH ORDER"..in case you find another dress and you're concerned it won't get there in time.

Post a Comment