99 Days
PostedWe have exactly 99 days until our wedding and we are BEYOND pumped! It's crazy to think of all the things we have to do before then. I still have 3 finals to take and Josiah has 2. Then, starting mid-May, I have 7 hours of summer school to complete and won't be finished until a week before the wedding! Yikes! On top of school, I will be working full-time at CPK. Josiah has decided not to take summer school so he can work more at CPK and help cover some of our wedding expenses (and boy, is it expensive! we are just realizing that small destination weddings can be JUST as expensive as a normal wedding).
We have also started looking online for apartments in southern Indiana. So far, we've come across a couple complexes that seem promising. Josiah really wants to stay away from renting older houses/duplexes that are prevalent in Southern Indiana and Old Louisville because the utility bills are outrageous. So, we are pretty sure we want to stick with an apartment complex.
Josiah should be closing on his house fairly soon. The house inspection is scheduled for Saturday and usually the closing is scheduled soon after if all goes well. Please pray for us as we are hoping the buyer does not want Josiah to make any major repairs that would cost even more money. The house has already sucked up SO SO SO much money as it is, we are really hoping to just sell the house without putting anymore money into it.
Probably the biggest hurdle we have ahead of us is moving...UGH...I hate even thinking about it. Not only do I have LOTS of boxes in my parent's basement-- I also have a whole storage shed packed full of furniture, boxes, appliances, etc. that needs to be sorted through and moved into the new apartment. Luckily, Josiah doesn't have much stuff so I am thankful for that! Anyone who wants to help us move, please feel free!
One last tidbit-- I've been doing the Atkins Diet since Monday as a temporary way to change my eating habits before the wedding. It's been a little tough because I LOVE LOVE LOVE sweets, chocolate, chips, and crackers. In fact, I am the epitome of the classic "grazer." I have never been one to eat "real" meals, instead I tend to snack throughout the day. But, the one thing I can say about the Atkins diet is I truly don't feel restricted because I'm not obsessing over food, calorie counting, etc. I've tried Weight Watchers before and that was my main problem with it-- constantly obsessing over every little thing I put in my mouth. Even though with the Atkins I am cutting out carbs and sugar, at least I can eat protein, cheese, and greens till I'm blue in the face-- so I'm not hungry-- which is awesome! AND, the best part about the whole thing is that I've already lost 3 pounds! My total weight loss goal is 15 pounds by the wedding-- so I think I'm off to a good start. Next week I will be starting a consistent work-out routine again since school will be out and I'll have no excuses (I was working out 5 times a week for about 4 months straight, then this semester got really stressful and I stopped-- shame on me!). Anyways, I'll keep everyone posted on the weightloss progress. I have another friend who started Atkins at the same time as me so we keep each other accountable and it makes it easier.
Other updates: invitations should be coming in next week so we'll start addressing them soon. My wedding veil came in this week and I picked it up-- it's gorgeous! I have a meeting with a local hat designer on Saturday-- she's going to make me a hairpiece for the reception. Still on the hunt for Josiah's suit-- he's having trouble deciding what he wants, because he wants to be able to wear it to church, work, etc. after the wedding. We are looking at Macy's, Khol's, and Steinmart. My dress STILL isn't ready. The tailor is really backed up because of Derby...so I am hoping to get it back within the next few weeks. Still trying to decide what to wear for the reception-- several people have recommended I wear my wedding dress. What do you think? I'd love to hear suggestions and opinions! Premarital counseling starts May 5. We have 6 sessions and are going through a book together....
I think that's all for now!
This entry was posted
on 7:01 PM
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
