April 14, 2009
PostedToday I dropped my beloved ring off at the jewelers to get resized and also to get the side diamonds re-secured. I hated giving it up since I had just gotten it a few days before. But, he said he would do his best to have it back to me by the end of the week.
I also stopped by the tailor today to check on the progress of my dress. To my surprise, the tailor told me it would be ready on Saturday to pick up! I'm pretty pumped...now just waiting on my veil to be shipped. The wedding shop said it will take about 6 weeks.
Amazingly, we already got our invitations picked out and are currently waiting on the proof so we can order them. Right now, we are trying to get everyone's addresses via facebook, which has been an excellent tool for wedding planning! Once the invitations come in we'll start addressing them and sending them out to extended family and friends. We aren't sending out invitations to the ceremony, since it will just be siblings, parents, and grandparents (and my aunt Paula...she's a trooper!).
When I got home tonight I was so excited that our toasting glasses, cake serving set, and cake topper came in already! I had ordered all three online. The toasting glasses and serving set is Lenox...which I LOVE! It's all happening so quickly, but that's kind of how it is when you have 3 months to plan a wedding!
I was thinking today how cool it will be in a year or so to look back on this blog and read all the little details about our wedding planning. I know it may be boring for everyone else to read, but I'll cherish these details down the road!
p.s.- if you are reading this and you haven't sent me (Jenna) your mailing address...please email me asap! jbshields84@aol.com
This entry was posted
on 8:53 PM
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
