Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lately...  

Posted by: Jenna in

Here is the latest picture of my almost non-existent belly. I was 15 1/2 weeks in this picture. Now I am 17 weeks and it hasn't really grown much since then. I also had maternity pants on in this picture, which always makes you look bigger than you really are. The doctor said at my 16 week appointment that my belly is very small for how far along I am, but that it is nothing to worry about. I have gained about 4 lbs total, and am still eating like a total HOG! I guess my metabolism is just totally ramped up or something. Whatever it is, I am thankful. I really did not want to gain a lot of weight with this pregnancy because I was already over my normal weight when I got pregnant. My weight gain goal is 20-25 pounds, but if I gain more that is okay too. I don't really monitor what I eat (obviously I try to stay away from really junky stuff), but I do try to exercise 4 times a week or so.


In other news, I started feeling the baby move around 15 weeks. I had thought before then that I felt movement, but I wasn't for sure. Once I hit 15 weeks I was for sure I could feel distinctive baby movements. It was like nothing I had ever felt before-- some people compare it to gas or indigestion, but it didn't feel like that at all to me. That's how I knew it was the baby! It was like little flutters or a like something was crawling around tickling me from the inside. Some days the baby is more active than others. There will be days when I feel it move all the time, and other days I don't feel anything at all. The doctor said that is normal at this stage in development because their movements are so sporadic and unpredictable. Either way, it is exciting and comforting for me to feel the baby move around in there.

My next doctor appointment is May 12th and that's when we find out the gender of our baby. We are really excited about this! I am so ready to start calling the baby by his or her name, instead of "it." Please continue to pray with us that our baby will be healthy and continue to grow strong!

This entry was posted on 1:47 PM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment