My "No Poo" Journey
PostedI'm not sure about you, but I hate washing and styling my hair. And I hate that after I work so hard to make it look perfect, that it gets greasy not even 12 hours later. It's really annoying and kind of makes me never want to fix my hair! So I was talking to my good friend Darla, and she was telling me that she had stopped using shampoo altogether! Whhhhaaa?? Come again?? Yeah, I thought that was the craziest thing I have ever heard, until I started researching it. Then I realized that this is how our grandmothers did it back in the day, and somehow they always managed to have gorgeous shiney hair in all of those old photos we see. Anyways, after a little more research my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to take the "no poo" plunge! Basically, you wash with baking soda, and that's it! I'm going to try to only wash twice a week and see how that goes. I'm going to document my journey here so we can see if this is totally crazy, or totally wonderful! Here are my photos so far. I haven't washed my hair at all in 3 days, and I have worked out extremely intensely 3 times since then. I just rinse out my hair in the shower and let it at dry so far. It looks pretty disgusting if I may say so myself.


