Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Price Check Please!  

Posted by: Jenna in

For those of you who don't know, I have been agonizing over which stroller to buy for baby Greenlee since I first found out I was pregnant. I have changed my mind at least 3 or 4 times-- constantly adding and deleting travel systems and strollers from our registry. We never really thought anyone would buy us a stroller or a carseat because those are such expensive items, so we've been saving for a while now. I finally decided I wanted a travel system combo but the one we wanted was only available online so I was hesitant to buy it without trying it out first. Well, a few weeks ago I found a carseat at Babies-R-Us that I really liked-- unfortunately no stroller to match-- but it was going to be discontinued so there were only a few left. I knew I had to make a decision fast, so Josiah and I finally decided that we would just buy the carseat and worry about a stroller later-- it was on clearance so it was a super good deal. Anyways, so tonight I went to Babies-R-Us ready to buy this carseat, but then I saw a Chicco travel system on clearance as well. I wanted the Chicco from the very beginning of my stroller search but decided early on that it was just too expensive. The clearance price said $259.99 (usually these travel systems run about $300). I had a 20% off coupon with me and a couple gift cards so I thought I would at least take it to the register to see what the final price would be. I also had the other carseat in my hand as well to check that price too. First, the carseat rang up as $71 and I thought that was a great deal because it had originally been $150. Then, the lady rang up the travel system and it came up as $155 with my coupon!!! I seriously couldn't believe the steal this was and quickly opted for the travel system versus the carseat. With my gift cards I ended up paying even less and was so thrilled that I walked out with a high quality stroller AND carseat for my sweet baby girl. Josiah was happy too because we couldn't have even bought a cheapie stroller/carseat for the price I paid. Lesson learned-- always double check the clearance price on items even if the sale price tag says "final price." The picture above is of my "prize"...the pattern is called Luna and I just love it. It's very gender neutral and I think Greenlee will love it too :)

This entry was posted on 8:22 PM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment