Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

37 Weeks  

Posted by: Jenna

 37 weeks today with P man...I've gained 17 pounds.  I have to take a minute to toot my own horn because I have worked INCREDIBLY hard the past year to get to this point.  1 year ago I actually weighed more NOT pregnant than I do now at 9 months pregnant.  This pregnancy was a surprise, and I was pretty devastated at first because I had worked so hard to get those last 20 lbs off from my first pregnancy.  My goal was to gain no more than 20 lbs this pregnancy and I have managed to do it!  Lots of ridiculously hard work, sweat, blood, and a few tears, but I did it!  I'm proud of me for making my health a priority and for taking such good care of myself this pregnancy.  GO ME!!!  I'm also thankful for such a supportive husband who shares my same priorities.  He is running a 5K next weekend and I can't wait to cheer him on!

37 weeks with Greenlee...who knows how much I had gained at this point-- probably upwards of 45.  Totally ridiculous!

At my appointment today I was over 2cm dilated, 50% effaced, and the baby was at -1 head station.  She said she might not see me next week but I'm sure they always say that to their hopeful mommas :)  I actually don't mind waiting a little longer :)  I'm feeling pretty darn good this week!

This entry was posted on 2:38 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

you. look. ahhhmazing. i've been thinking about doing a spin class at our gym but i'm not really a bike person (the seat hurts my lady parts) and i'm nervous/scared of the whole idea of it. how did you get into it?

Hey girl, I got into spinning back in 2005 actually and have done it off and on ever since. I LOVE it. It is the only thing besides running that really helps get those stubborn pounds off and keep my legs and bum super toned (and I enjoy it 10x more than running!). I bought a cushioned bike seat to help ease any discomfort down south ($9 on amazon)-- it makes all the difference! Another thing I love is that spinning is a group activity so you really start to bond with the people you see in class 2 or 3 times per week (everyone suffers together...haha!), which really helps me stay motivated. It's a great relationship-building opportunity. Thanks for the compliment-- made my night :)

Oh a bike seat! Good idea. Totally didn't know they existed.
I might try it out :) you're looking fantastic! Can't wait to see little man porter!! I was induced with Annabel at 10 days late and went into labor with Sam at 8 days late. So I definitely had opposite experiences! Good luck with whatever y'all decide :)

Post a Comment