Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Greenlee 18 Months Old  

Posted by: Jenna










Here are a few recent pictures of my baby girl at 18 months.  She has FINALLY started saying more than Mama, Dada, and Bye bye.  In the past few weeks she has been saying cheese, car, poop, and bath.  It's so fun hearing her say new words!  We've also been experiencing the wonderful world of tantrums lately.  Not so fun for mom and dad, but I found this awesome parenting book called "Raising Godly Tomatoes" that has been extremely helpful as far as practical, yet Biblical advice on how to discipline and train children of all ages-- even older babies and toddlers.  We are making a little progress as we've started implementing some of those principles. 

Here are few fun stats about Greenlee at 18 months:
-- size 5 diaper
-- size 6 shoe
-- 24 mos clothes
-- naps are crazy.  her medicine recently just got changed and ever since then her naps are all over the board.  she goes down at 12:30, but never sleeps the same amount of time.  Some days it's an hour, other days it's 3 hours
-- bedtime is 8 or 8:30pm, she wakes up anywhere from 7:30-8:30am
-- last month she was 27 lbs and 34 inches tall...18 month check up is in a few weeks, so I'll post those stats then
-- eating is improving but still not great.  she refuses to touch most fruits and vegetables, but we keep trying!  mainly her diet consists of PBJ, cheese and turkey tortillas, grilled cheese, cheese, yogurt, crackers, bread, cereal, and chicken nuggets.  We are working hard to improve/expand her diet but as most people know you can't force a toddler to eat certain foods!
-- she LOVES the outdoors.  I try to take her walking most days out of the week or we go somewhere she can play outside.
-- she also LOVES books.  she'll have us read every book in her book stack about 10 billion times. haha.  we are glad she enjoys reading so much!

This entry was posted on 2:31 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

We have the same issues with Annabel's diet. She eats chicken nuggets, fruit, bread, waffles, eggs, and most snack foods and that's about it. She used to eat lots of other stuff but the older she gets the harder it gets. I don't even think it's an issue of whether she likes it or not she just doesn't want to eat certain things for the sheer reason that she doesn't want to.
Lemme know how that book works out. I've read some stuff on her website and tried to implement some of it but boy it's a lot of work. Ha. Especially now with another baby!

Hey Jenn--

I feel your pain on the discipline thing-- it is a LOT of work to be consistent 24/7, and I feel that with girls it is even more challenging because they get their feelings hurt so easily (at least G does). So, I discipline her for something and then she starts wailing because her feelings are hurt, which leads to a total meltdown many times. It's very tough, but I'm determined to train her as well as I can early on so we hopefully won't have as many issues when she's 2 or 3. Good luck, I hope Godly Tomatoes works for you!

Post a Comment