The Routine
PostedI meant to include this in my last post but some of my girlfriends have been asking about my weightloss routine so here it is:
1200 calories per day-- I try to fill my diet with foods that are really going to fill me up and give me energy-- not just 1200 calories of carbs and snacks. I eat a lot of cheese, almonds, Bocca and Morning Star burgers. During the summer I ate tofu, fish, steamed and stir fry veggies, etc. If it's 8 or 9pm and I'm absolutely starving I will pop a bag of edamame or Green Giant's Fresh steamers in the microwave for about 100 or 150 calories and it's very filling. I don't eat a lot of sugar, but I do have cheat days. We eat pizza about once a month and once a week or so I let myself have Chickfila (but it's usually the Charbroiled chicken sandwich and a side salad). We also have days where we eat Mexican or some other fattening meal-- these cheat days keep me sane and they haven't affected my weightloss at all.
I work out 5 days a week for at least an hour. I do spin class twice a week for 50 minutes followed by 10 or 15 minutes of push-ups and sit-ups. The other 3 days I either run outside or on the treadmill, do the elliptical machine, or the stair climber. All of these activities I do for 50 minutes and follow them up with sit-ups , push-ups, light weights, and /or planks. I also have a few home workout videos that I will do when I'm in a bind and I can't find someone to watch Greenlee while I hit the gym or if I'm just feeling too lazy to go to the gym. Bob Harper's kettlebell dvd workout and also a Pilates dvd. I like them both and am always sore afterwards!
I hope this helps any of you who are looking for a specific routine to follow to help jumpstart a weightloss program. It took me a while to make my own formula but I find setting aside specific times and days each week to workout ensure that it actually happens. I'm less likely to lose motivation this way or skip a workout. I also plan childcare ahead each week-- usually my parents watch Greenlee or I arrange to workout during a time that Josiah will be home.
Good luck ladies!
This entry was posted
on 8:25 AM
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
