Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This Is It!  

Posted by: Jenna

Well, I thought I would do a final post before we go in to be induced tomorrow morning. It is so crazy that this is my last day being pregnant. We enjoyed our last weekend of "just us"-- mainly we just relaxed, did some cleaning, laundry, went out to eat, etc. It was nice. We also watched our favorite show together last night at my parent's house. After the episode Josiah said, "Do you think Greenlee will behave when we bring her here next weekend to watch our show?" It was such a surreal thought that next weekend our weekly tradition of watching this show at my parent's house would include bringing our baby with us!


I think knowing when your baby will be born has it's pros and cons. It's nice to be able to prepare yourself mentally and emotionally, but it can also cause a lot of anxiety. It's also nice to be able to prepare the house, get the laundry done, grocery shop, etc...but once again, waiting for the induction date to arrive can be nerve-wrecking. It gives your imagination too much time to run wild! Overall, we are happy with our decision to induce. It has helped us to appreciate our last moments together just the two of us and to make the most of our time together. It has also allowed us to plan and prepare as much as possible. Most of all, it will allow me to spend as much time with Greenlee at home as possible until I start my new job. That was my main reason for wanting to induce. I knew I had to start my job around the first week of November and I was worried if we waited for Greenlee to come on her own I may only get 2 or 3 weeks with her-- that just wasn't enough time.

Anyways, we are so ready to FINALLY meet our little girl tomorrow. It's crazy that in 24 hours our lives will be forever changed. I think we are ready, though. Although, I am very glad God gives parents 9 months to prepare for this! Please continue to pray with us for a healthy baby girl and a safe delivery. The next post I write will be all pictures of Greenlee...yay!

This entry was posted on 9:56 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I wish you and the baby a very safe delivery.. and I can wait to see pictures of you little girl.. God Bless you!! you're in my prayers!

I can't believe it...the time has flown by! I'm so excited and thrilled and happy!! I want a text picture message from your snazzy blackberry sent to me tomorrow!

Post a Comment