Ok, I know I cheated by giving you this generic picture and not something from our own personal collection, but honestly we haven't taken any pictures in weeks! This picture is way cooler than any I could have posted-- look how big Greenlee is getting! At 35 weeks she weighs 5 1/2 pounds and it around 20 inches long! Only 2 more weeks until we are full-term and ready for some action to begin. Speaking of which, I've been having tons of Braxton Hicks contractions the past few days so I am eager for my doctor's appointment tomorrow morning to see if any progress is starting to be made. I have a feeling she might come a little early.
Time is starting to really creep by now that we are in the home stretch. Greenlee's arrival seems so close, yet so far away and I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. As much as I cannot wait to hold her and have her here, I also love the time Josiah and I have together just the two of us. I'm not ready for that part to end-- but I'm definitely ready to be done being pregnant.
For instance, I'm ready to wear normal clothes again, to be able to put my pants on without losing my balance, to shave my legs without it taking an hour, to drink as much coffee as I please, to stop taking nasty Flintstone vitamins, to not be tired all the time, etc etc etc--I would go on but I don't want to seem whiney. Ultimately, I know all of these things are just a normal part of the process of bringing our sweet little girl into the world.
Last week was my last week of nannying, so now I am just doing the quilt shop and working some for my dad's business. It will be nice to start taking it easy and be able to relax these last few weeks.
Josiah started his fall semester at UofL 2 weeks ago. He is working overtime to put in lots of hours studying so he can be ahead by the time Greenlee is here and be able to focus his energy towards us.
This month we have been trying to plan some fun things to do on the weekends to help pass the time and give us something to look forward to each weekend. So far we have about 3 or 4 craft fairs lined up, which I'm super excited about!
I think that's about all that is going on with us. Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!
Hey girl!
I went to post something on your FB wall and realized that you were gone!! The girl who got me to sign up for FB is gone. Anyway, I've been thinking about you a lot lately. You're in the home stretch...YAY! I can't wait to see pics of that sweet little girl! I will definitely be praying for a smooth labor and delivery. I'm proud of you and I know you are going to be a great momma!
Love you, girl!
Julie
Don't worry, I will be back on FB. Just needed a break! What is your email address so I can email you?
Jen, I hate to break it to you.. but you will have to keep taking flinstones since your breastfeeding! :( I hate them too..
Praying for you guys!!
Hey! Vanessa is going to have a booth at a craft fair in Louisville this weekend--you should go!! :)