First off, I am in the market for an additional part-time job to help us make some extra money before the baby is born. The kids I nanny for are going back to school in 2 weeks, which means my salary and hours will be cut back a lot. So, I've been sending out my resume and trying to brain storm different job scenarios that would be good for me to pursue at 7 months pregnant.
Josiah made it through summer school-- ALMOST. He has 2 weeks left and is doing fantastic. His grades are great and he made it out in one piece, plus he got 12 hours of credit! I'm so proud of him.
Our 1 year anniversary is this Saturday-- can't believe it! This past year has flown by so fast! We are going to Nashville for the weekend and I'm really excited! I'll post pictures when we get back.
In other news, we bought a car today. Due to an unfortunate chain of events, we had to shell out the cash a little earlier than expected to buy a second car (we've been a 1 car family for the past 2 months). Although we weren't quite ready to buy a car, we found something we really love for an incredible price. Best of all, it's an SUV, which will make carting baby Greenlee around much easier. We joked today that this is our anniversary gift to each other. I'll post pictures of the car as well once I get around to taking some :)
Lastly, I wanted to post a picture of our cloth diaper stash! We have been so blessed by family and friends who have been kind enough to buy us cloth diapers!! My mom and dad bought us 3, my friend Kristin bought us 1, friend Lisa bought us 2, and Josiah's sister bought us 2. I also received 4 free diapers from Kelly's Closet using promotional codes I found on RetailMeNot. We currently have 23 diapers, which is enough to last us several days so I won't have to do laundry very often at all. Here is a run down of the different diapers I have:
8 Bum Genius 3.0 w/velcro
1 Bum Genius 4.0 w/snaps
2 Happy Heinys
3 Rumparooz
3 Bum Genius Organic
3 Flip Diaper Covers (10 inserts)
1 Katydid
1 Bum Essentials
1 Knickernappies
I may buy a few more here and there ( I really want to try out the Tweedle Bugs and Kawaii), but overall we are set in the diaper department!
The only thing we really still need is our hanging wet bag that we'll use to store the dirty diapers until laundry day. Kelly's Closet has some really cute ones called Planet Wise in the most ADORABLE patterns. They have handles at the top and you just hang it from the door knob and zip it up and it keeps any odors at bay until laundry day. Then you just unzip the bag, empty out the diapers into the washing machine, and toss the bag in with the diapers to get all fresh 'n clean :) Simple!

The adorable hanging wet bag I have my eye on. Almost too cute to put dirty diapers in!
This entry was posted
on 9:08 PM
and is filed under
Cloth Diapering,
Pregnancy
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.

I read the post about you (Meet Jenna, Our Featured Fluff Addict for this week!) at Knickernappies blog.. I'm just wanted to say hi!. I'm doing my research in CD too because I want to switch. I have a 7 month old and we do spend a lot of money in diapers. Looking forward to reading your blog!
Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am definitely no expert, but I'd be happy to steer you in the right direction if you are looking to do some research on CDing. Good luck on your Cding adventure :)
Hi, do you use the hook and loop or snaps for your flip diapers? Which do you prefer? If you are using hook and loop, are they holding up?
Thanks!