Porter's Birth
PostedOk, so it took me a few weeks but I've finally gotten a moment to blog about Porter's birth. It's a good thing I wrote it down in my journal two days after it happened or I may have forgotten the details.
The night before he was born we had Mexican and I told the waitress that I was hoping it would put me into labor because I was supposed to be induced the next morning! It honestly couldn't have been more perfect the way it worked out because Greenlee was already at my parents house since we were supposed to be induced. Anyways, I woke up at 3:30am on Tuesday morning unable to sleep so I figured I would take a shower and then call the hospital to check for bed availability. Well, around 4:30, I noticed some pretty heavy duty cramps and then as the hour went by I noticed they got stronger and had more of a rhythm to them. I had been having contractions off and on for weeks so I just figured they were the fake ones even though they had a pattern to them. I called the hospital and they said I would have to be on the waiting list since I was going to be induced and they were super busy. I told them about my contractions and they said if they continue to get worse to come on in. Of course they did so we headed to the hospital around 6:30am. They went ahead and admitted me since I was supposed to be induced-- I don't think any of the nurses believed I was really in labor, haha. About an hour later after taking all my history and giving me an IV, they finally got around to checking me and I was 4-5cm and 80% effaced. I was in labor and no pitocin was going to be needed! Yay! I got my epidural around 8am, water broke at 10:15am, and he was born at 12:30pm. Everything went super smooth and I am so thankful to God at how it all worked out-- I prayed to go into labor on my own and He answered my prayer in exactly the way I needed it to be answered!
I will be back soon to post about how the first month is going for us. Juggling two kids has definitely been challenging but they are my little blessings and I love them both to pieces!
This entry was posted
on 7:17 PM
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
