Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

7 Months :)  

Posted by: Jenna











These photos are actually from Greenlee's 6 month photo shoot but she hasn't changed much in appearance in the past few weeks so I think it's safe to post them under the 7 month update. We weighed her yesterday and she is 19lbs 5oz! We will see how tall she is on Monday. I really thought she would have slowed down a little by now but she is still growing very quickly. She is in 9-12mo clothes, wears a size 2/3 shoe, and is in size 3 diapers. She has finally mastered rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back. She sits by herself for a few minutes but then usually falls over unless someone is supporting her. She is spinning in circles when she is on her tummy and she really wants to crawl but she's not quite there yet. We've started giving her yogurt, bread, and puffs and she really likes them. She doesn't have any teeth so we have to make sure whatever tables foods she gets are dissolvable or "gumable."


Currently she takes 3 naps per day. They range anywhere from 20min to 1.5hr in length. She recently started staying awake 2.5-3hrs at a time. Literally it happened in a week's time. One week she could only stay awake 2 hrs at a time, then the next week she was all the sudden staying awake 3 hours! We have tried for 7 months to "make" her into a good sleeper, but we have found that it is pointless-- she just doesn't require a lot of sleep. I have tried every Babywise trick in the book but it doesn't work for Greenlee. She will wake up after 20min of sleep and be as happy as a lark. I can leave her in her crib for 2 hours and she won't go back to sleep. So, I've pretty much stopped trying to force something that isn't going to happen. We figure her thyroid condition has a lot to do with it. The medication affects eating and sleeping patterns. Honestly, as long as she is happy when she wakes up it isn't a big deal. She is one of those babies that rarely ever cries. Some days she will only nap an hour total and she is still SO happy. It's crazy! At night she sleeps pretty well but I'd say she still only gets about 10 or 11 hours total. Many times we will hear her in the monitor at 3 or 4am talking to herself for up to an hour. Sometimes if we put her to bed earlier, she will sleep longer/later. If we put her to bed later, she wakes up earlier. It's very strange!

Cloth diapering is still going strong. We use disposables at night and on the go, but overall i just love using the cloth. They are so cute and it's nice never running out of diapers. Even Josiah loves using them. The only downside for me is that they don't fit very well under clothes. Her bum looks huge when she has them on under her clothes. For summer it won't really matter because she will wear a lot of dresses and shorts. But for bulkier winter clothing it can be an issue. Overall, we like the cloth and will probably use them on our next child as well.

I'm sorry I've failed to post pictures of our new home. I can't find our camera cord to upload pictures, but as soon as I find it I will post some pics. We love our new house! We have so much space and will have even more once we finish the basement. It is such a blessing!

This entry was posted on 9:35 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment