Our Lives Lately...
PostedI know, I know, no pictures are no fun, but we haven't taken any in a while-- nevertheless, I still have some updating to do. Here are some things that have been going on with the New Hellekson's lately:
1. Grandma Audrey (Jenna's dad's mother) has been in the hospital for the past month so if you remember, please say a prayer for her as she has had a very rough time. She is 78 years old and originally went in for an appendectomy, but after a week in recovery she was still getting worse. They ran some more tests and realized she had an abscess near her bowel that they needed to drain surgically. When they got in there, they also discovered she had a perforated colon and some nasty infection going on. It was so bad that they could not even reattach her colon so now she has to wear a colostomy bag for 6 months until they can reattach her colon. The poor gal has been through so much and is still in a lot of pain--battling an infected incision now. So the more prayers the better! Also pray for my parents as now they are dealing with two sick mothers (mom's mother is in a nursing facility after a stroke this past summer).
2. On a lighter note, I (Jenna) applied for grad school this past week and if all goes well I will be starting the program in summer or fall of 2010, depending on whether I go part-time or full-time. It is only a 30 hour program, so it is very tempting to just go full-time and graduate in May 2011-- but, then I wouldn't be able to work full-time.
3. Speaking of graduation...I (Jenna again...haha) have one more semester left and then graduate in May 2010! It's so crazy that the time is finally here and Josiah and I are pumped for me to finally get out in the "real" workforce. Two full-time incomes will be great for us!
4. Josiah and I are heading to Chicago with my parents for Thanksgiving (as long as grandma Audrey keeps improving)....we are so pumped! I've never been before so this is such a treat. We have wedding money in hand and are ready to spend some of it! Pictures to come...
5. Josiah is now getting into his core classes for his major, which is finance-- he is really thrilled about that because he is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's been difficult having to take a slower route in school since he works full-time at Humana...but now he only has a few semesters left so he is meeting with an advisor at UofL in a few weeks to see exactly how many hours he needs to graduate. Yippie!
I think that's pretty much all the new stuff that's been happening lately with us. Stay tuned!
