Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Christians Have A Responsibility to Vote Biblically  

Posted by: Jenna

So, for the past few weeks I've been all fired up about this election and with each passing day I find myself increasingly disgusted with Barack Obama's track record, ideology, value system, ethical standards, etc. This being so, it's also been immensely difficult for me to tolerate those who support him-- i.e. friends, coworkers, classmates, etc.-- because I just can't wrap my brain around how anyone could entrust such a man to lead our country. Nevertheless, today I had an epiphany. I realized that my beef is not with the average citizen who has been deceived by Obama's attractive rhetoric, charm, good looks, inspirational stories, hope-filled promises, etc. Unfortunately, many of these folks don't know any better because they are too blind to see beneath the surface of the cosy little picture Obama is painting. The folks who do know the truth obviously don't care and there is no point in trying to reason with them. On the other hand...

Today, I realized my beef is with the increasing number of self-proclaimed conservatives, specifically Bible believing Christians, who are voting for Obama on Tuesday. PEOPLE-- wake up!! If you believe and live by the Bible, there is no room for negotiation here...it IS this "cut and dry"-- it is our responsibility as Christians to protect innocent human lives...NOT support a candidate who will allow it to be destroyed. Where in the Bible does God prioritize government/economics/ etc over human life? Someone please show me some Scriptures in support of such an idea...In fact, if I remember correctly, there has been several times throughout the Bible when God has intervened to supersede the government in order to save human life: Rhab and the spies (Joshua, ch. 2), Esther going against the King to save the Jews (entire book of Esther), and Mary and Joseph escaping King Herod to protect baby Jesus (Matthew 2). These are just a few examples, there are certainly more.

The bottom line is, even if a Christian agreed with Obama on everything BUT the abortion issue, THAT alone should be a deal breaker. Anyone who claims to love God and His Word CANNOT vote for a presidential candidate with such blatant disregard for something our God loves so much-- human life!

This entry was posted on 7:11 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment